Thursday, January 6, 2011

All Good Things



Caught a movie, 'All Good Things'. This film was inspired by the most notorious missing person’s case in New York history since 1982 to 2000.

ALL GOOD THINGS is a love story and murder mystery set against the backdrop of a New York real estate dynasty in the 1980s. Produced and directed by Andrew Jarecki (director of the Academy Award-nominated doc Capturing the Friedmans and producer of Catfish). This film was inspired by the mysterious unsolved missing person case happened between Robert Durst, scion of the wealthy Durst family and his wife. Mr. Durst was suspected but never tried for killing his wife Kathie who disappeared in 1982 and was never found. The film stars Ryan Gosling, Kirsten Dunst and Frank Langella as the powerful patriarch, and captures the emotion and complexity of this real-life unsolved mystery (extracted from http://www.magpictures.com/allgoodthings/).



Robert Durst, the main character of this true story was suspected suffering from Schizophrenia, and was believed it was because he witnessed his mother's suicidal when he was little. Where he found himself not guilty on the disappearance of his wife, and the dead of his best friend and his next door folk. The only thing that he admitted at was, he did not kill his next door folk but unintentionally caused him dead to self-defense while he was attacked by the folk. And he only found himself guilty on the wrongful of dismembering the body instead of lodging police at first.

I dug out the story behind the film after watching it, as it was a true story. I was curious to know how Robert Durst look like, and also his wife. Although it was a little creepy when I found out more and more, but that reminds me of some people around me. Defend themselves innocently and find a lot of excuses that prove themselves innocent and act a lot to convince people that they had never done so. This is driving me insane, I don't know who to trust, and I don't wanna accuse them wrongly. Scared that I will also be trapped into the Schizophrenia symptom.

So, God, only You know the truth. I believe that You will reveal the truth one day, as I am Your child, You will let me see things crystal clear, so that I will learn. Thank You Lord, for letting me see some true colors, so that I learn how to cope with the worst situation, under Your arms, I learned how to be strong. And God, cure the broken hearts, for only You, the one and only God who could cure. Make them know the greatness of You, understand You and love You. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can talk crap here